Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Inactive Account

macro extention tubes

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

i just got my macro extension tubes in the mail from ebay its a K mount but it wont turn to lock into place. is there anything i can do to get it to work or should i send it back.

04-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures? Are you sure it is k mount? What is written on the tubes? What brand? Does it have a lock button that needs pressed?
04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
PK K1000 Extension Tube Macro Ring for Pentax Cameras heres the link to the tube PK K1000 Extension Tube Macro Ring for Pentax Cameras | eBay theres no writing on or in the tube
04-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry that link just says the listing was removed. The picture is too small to see. That seller has tubes for lots of mounts so it is possible you got the wrong ones. Does it seat onto the camera completely? Just won't turn? If so try pushing the lock button down before you turn. That's a long shot but it's all I got. Post a picture of the mount if you can maybe I can tell for sure if it is K-mount or not.

Also, have you tried mounting a lens to the tubes? Might tell you if it is just one side that does not work.

04-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
my lenses work on the tubes and it sits down completely it just dosent want to turn at all
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well if the lenses fit then it is k-mount.

Did you try turning with the camera's lens lock button held down?
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yes and nothing happened im wondering if i might need to do some filing

04-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arimel Quote
wondering if i might need to do some filing
Can't help there unless you can see what it is hanging up on. Sorry.
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
it dosent appear to be hanging up on anything either
04-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Arimel Quote
i just got my macro extension tubes in the mail from ebay its a K mount but it wont turn to lock into place. is there anything i can do to get it to work or should i send it back.
The listing says it comes with lens AND body mount adapters, are you sure you have the correct ones and they're installed properly?
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
Veteran Member

@Arimel,

If your question is not clear, how can people provide you with clear answers?

"Clear" question includes clear description of the problem. Photos are of great help. You did provide the link to the eBay listing, but the photos there are not very clear, and who knows if the seller didn't make a mistake and ship you an item not exactly as in the listing.

5 posts of yours and the only problem description I can get out of them is "it wont turn to lock into place." You can't call an auto-mechanic, telling him "I can not start the car" and expect him to solve the problem.

I'm sorry if my post sounds harsh, but I've been running tech support department for more than 20 years. I've seen a lot if time and effort wasted because of incomplete or inaccurate questions.

Last edited by SOldBear; 04-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
04-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Those are the cheapest of the cheap tubes and they are a PITA. There is ONE ring that will fit the body, and ONE ring to connect to the lens, and you have to move them around depending on which tubes you want to use. (Unlike better tubes where you can grab any single tube of the set and it will work by itself.) I think you always have to use the #1 tube and then you can screw in #2 or #3 if you like. So there are 4 pieces altogether (maybe 5) -- #1 with bayonet mount that is always connected to the camera (this may or may not separate into two pieces), #2 & #3 extensions which are threaded, and then a lens mount ring that screws into the outermost tube you are using.

So the lens won't lock into the tube, or the tube won't lock into the camera body?

Last edited by vonBaloney; 04-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.
04-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@SOldBear

im still prity new at photography i would submit photos if i had a better internet connection. the tube wont lock into the camera body but the lenses fit just fine on the tube there are 5 segments a body adapter (the one im having the issues with) 3, 2, 1, then the lens adapter

Last edited by Arimel; 04-18-2013 at 12:48 AM.
04-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #14

Will the body adapter lock into the lens adapter? Perhaps they gave you the wrong body adapter. Is it labeled at all? Perhaps with "For Pentax" "Pentax K" "K-mount" "P/K" or "K"? If it is indeed for Pentax it just might need a little filing down. Just where you would have to compare it to the k-mount at the back of a lens.
04-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yes the body and lens mount fit together