Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sig0431 Quote
I thought there was a menu item on my K5 where I could switch from Adobe Pro and other color settigns
You may well be right here I'm not a K-5 owner, that being the case, yes, change colour to Adobe Pro Photo or higher to ProPhoto RGB if available.

04-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is how I work--but besides handing off jpg's for display--I also provide prints of the best shots.
I do following--I make the raw file into best for RGB Pro, and I then rework it and save as sRGB--and cancel the changes so my raw file is still set for RGB Pro. If most of the shots were for sRGB and I knew which (few) I was printing--I would do slightly different.

If your end product is internet then yes you can work in sRGB--but keep the raw files for potential future use.
If you have shots that have clipping in sRGB--they may not clip RGB Pro. Actually the ideal settings for RGB Pro and sRGB are not the same. If later you decide prints from photoshop (or display using bridge/photoshop) are what you want then optimum is to revisit the raw file.
04-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes I believe the gamma is different for windows/PC and Mac's--and I just do for my Mac and don't care about others--but in reality that likely means most users will not see the optimum. How best to address this I leave to others--as my main interest are the prints that I provide.
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
Yes I believe the gamma is different for windows/PC and Mac's
Only if you have an older OSX operating system (default gamma 1.8). But for a while now it ships with a default gamma of 2.2. You can always change the default if you want in the older OSX (10.5 and earlier, I think).