Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #1

Pentax samsung auto focus fixed

Today is the best day of my life.
Until this morning, my auto focus did not work on my Samsung GX1L which is the clone of the Pentax *ist. Here is my solution: the custom setting for the "OK button when shooting" on my samsung gx1L mysteriously changed to to "enable AF." Therefore, the AF only worked on with a push of OK. After months I resolved to relearn manual focus with my old lenses.
Today, I researched every forum but found no fixes except: flip the AF/MF switch many times, or clean the contacts, or have a pro fix it.
Then, I researched using the aperture ring settings for manual focusing. Miraculously, I stumbled on to the solution.
Hooray for me.
This might save someone from abandoning a perfectly good camera.

04-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the frequent suggestions here is to reset the camera to its default settings, which can clear that kind of menu setting that you'd never check.