Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #1

Pentax PK Auto Zoom 28-70 blocks

Hello to all,
I bought a Pentax Pentax PK Auto Zoom 28-70 in mint condition. After some hours of shooting, suddenly the zoom blocks @40mm.
No way to get it further.Zoom still runs smoth, and the "new" blocking is steady - like the zoom was designed for it.
There is a silver knob next to the aperture ring. This knob is for Macro, I guess?
But pushing it does not help.
Any ideas?
All the best,
Frame

04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this a Pentax lens? Do you have a link or a picture to show the model? There are a great many 28-70 lenses over the years.
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hello Jatrax,
here is a picture.
Thanks a lot,
Frame
Attached Images

04-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

OK, that's not a Pentax lens. It is K-mount of course but not Pentax. Also, the PK-A/R designation means it works on Ricoh cameras as well so you should take a look to see if it has the Ricoh pin which can get stuck on Pentax bodies. I doubt this is a problem on this lens since you already had it on and off your camera but something to be aware of if you buy other old lenses. The pin drops into the screwdrive slot on the camera and then you can't get the lens off.

Can you tell the brand? It might be printed around the filter ring on the front of the lens.

04-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hello Jatrax,
could it be that the Pentax Brand / Name was used in the GDR as well? (Like "Zeiss")
This lens is from the GDR and shows no branding besides the serial number.
04-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frame Quote
could it be that the Pentax Brand / Name was used in the GDR as well? (Like "Zeiss") This lens is from the GDR and shows no branding besides the serial number.
Not that I know of. Does it actually say "Pentax" anywhere on the lens? All Pentax lenses do. Some also say "Ashai".

But lots of companies made lenses to fit Pentax, Sigma, Vivitar, Tamron, Tokina, and dozens of others. So just because it is not a Pentax brand lens does not mean it will not work just fine on your camera. What it does mean is that I am not familiar with how it might work and without know who made it cannot give you much info. Can you post a picture of the front of the lens, sometimes the makers name is printed there.
04-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #7

Original Poster
I guess a spring-ball in the Pentax mount blocked the zoom. After removing the MFT -Adaptor and putting it back on, everything works fine now