Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
C.R.I.S. Turnaround Time

I sent my K-5 for repairs (Mirror Flop, Viewfinder Cleaning & Sensor Cleaner Never worked) and was wondering how long before they let you know anything. The website was down so they told me to just send it with all the info.

04-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It took a couple of days to get my estimate from them after I sent my k7 in for them to repair my sd slot. It took about ten days after I approved the work for them to ship it back to me. Check EVERYTHING after they send it back to you; my camera came back with a loose hot shoe. But they do pretty good work.
04-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Ari I just figured out how to sign in and found out that it is with the estimator now. They have had it since the 15th so its been a week so far.
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well my K-5 is on it's way home and it was a great price for what they did. Plus $20.00 for shipping.

Attached Images

05-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Ari
Veteran Member

That's a pretty good deal! Just check everything before their warranty is over, even items that aren't connected to the repair. Check your hot shoe, menu/button responses and do a pixel check on your sensor. Just to be safe. They have to dismantle quite a bit of the camera to repair it.
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Mine will be in line very soon, as the flop on full battery has now been joined by dust-removal failure. It also seems to be overexposing in Av mode, but that could be dirty contacts; pretty common now and it hadn't been before. Thank goodness the K-01 is here for full-time backup
05-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
pdo

Had my k5 for 2 years. sent in my K5 to repair diopter lever and ask them to replaced stained sensor.. criscam repair the lever and replaced the sensor with no charge which I am so happy with..and turnaround time is about 3 weeks..so better have a backup first..
05-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll test everything but It was in testing for 2 days before it was sent to the shipping station for another day.

05-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
pdo

Ok..sent my 16-50mm to Criscam to have my lens repair since the zoom stopped zooming in and out.. they want $340 repair and ship it back.. ouch..
05-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They told me 211.00 on the internet but after I sent it to them and they evaluated it is was only 92.00 with shipping. So I would try and send it anyway and see if they still charge the same amount.

I got my K-5 back today and it works better than new.
05-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've had my camera back for a couple days now and I must say I'm very pleased with the work CRIS has done. I charged both batteries and ran about 50 shots and no Mirror Flop has occured, Also the focus speed is much better and more accurate. The viewer is spotless ,,it had some huge boogers in it.
Thanks to them for there fine work and price.

Last edited by Fl_Gulfer; 05-11-2013 at 03:00 PM.
10-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramosfoto Quote
Back on July 3rd I sent to C.R.I.S. camera a Pentax DA* 16-50mm F2.8 for repair, 3 days later I received a quote for the repair and approved it. As of today October 15 the parts for this lens are in Back Order. About a month ago I chated with Pentax Customer Service to see if the lens was in production and that it could be serviced. They said yes! What I can not believe is how come Pentax wants to compete and get into touching the Professional side of the photographic business when they can not provide parts for what they call pro quality lenses. This person from Pentax told me that they where having back orders due to a parts department move from one site to another. So it seems they did not plan for their customers, they just planned for themselves. This sittuation with my lens is unacceptable and I am not buying the new K-3 Body. Actually I am thinking on dumping all my Pentax equipment. My first Camera was when I was 17 years old it was an MX, I am 56 years old. I have never seen so bad service and I have had problems before where all was solved fast and easy and those where amateur times. What a shame this is for Pentax. And I am not happy.
That is disappointing... to say the least. I would not be happy either.
The service here in US main land is not much better in my experience. I might as well send my stuff in from the South-Pole.
10-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by ramosfoto Quote
Back on July 3rd I sent to C.R.I.S. camera a Pentax DA* 16-50mm F2.8 for repair, 3 days later I received a quote for the repair and approved it. As of today October 15 the parts for this lens are in Back Order. About a month ago I chated with Pentax Customer Service to see if the lens was in production and that it could be serviced. They said yes! What I can not believe is how come Pentax wants to compete and get into touching the Professional side of the photographic business when they can not provide parts for what they call pro quality lenses. This person from Pentax told me that they where having back orders due to a parts department move from one site to another. So it seems they did not plan for their customers, they just planned for themselves. This sittuation with my lens is unacceptable and I am not buying the new K-3 Body. Actually I am thinking on dumping all my Pentax equipment. My first Camera was when I was 17 years old it was an MX, I am 56 years old. I have never seen so bad service and I have had problems before where all was solved fast and easy and those where amateur times. What a shame this is for Pentax. And I am not happy.
I'm on the same boat, I sent my 50-135 for SDM repair last July though Mack camera but until now still waiting for parts from Pentax.