Hope this helps someone:
Thanks, I will remember this one.

06-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #17

Somehow the photo did not get uploaded - here it is:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-H811  Photo 
07-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #18

To Elsworth......A giant thank you for giving me back my favorite lens. A 5 minute fix requiring one tool. Thank you. Thank you...........

---------- Post added 07-13-18 at 09:04 PM ----------

Thanks "Ellsworth"! Never said I could spell.
07-19-2018, 06:35 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Ellsworth Quote
I've just encountered this problem in May of 2018, discovered its cause, and created a web page detailing the simple repair (which can be accomplished with a modicum of skills in a matter of minutes). Hope this helps someone:

Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens

Regards,

Ellsworth
Hi Ellsworth, I have sent a reply to your e-mail.

Thanks, TommyRingo.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-19-2018 at 07:14 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed for security reasons.
03-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #20

Truly. Thank-you so much for posting this.

I've used this lens for a few years and love the versatility of it. But today, it jammed... I was at a fan-convention, shooting cosplay. Frustrated and unwilling to go home with a bunch of 18mm shots, I used my phone to seek help on the forums...This was the first article I came across. The gracious staff at the front desk at a nearby hotel (I wasn't even a guest!) lent me a micro-screwdriver, and I was able to unlock the zoom in minutes. I had to tighten two of the three screws, because, damn, everything was loose!

I really appreciate that you posted this information, Ellsworth.
03-25-2019, 01:53 AM   #21

Very pleased to know that my efforts have been of help.

Regards,

Ellsworth

QuoteOriginally posted by geoectomy Quote
Truly. Thank-you so much for posting this.

I've used this lens for a few years and love the versatility of it. But today, it jammed... I was at a fan-convention, shooting cosplay. Frustrated and unwilling to go home with a bunch of 18mm shots, I used my phone to seek help on the forums...This was the first article I came across. The gracious staff at the front desk at a nearby hotel (I wasn't even a guest!) lent me a micro-screwdriver, and I was able to unlock the zoom in minutes. I had to tighten two of the three screws, because, damn, everything was loose!

I really appreciate that you posted this information, Ellsworth.
03-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by layfsphoto Quote
I checked it for dirt. And nothing . The slide goes back into lock position and out of the locked postition. Still the lens does not zoom out. It feel like was ever engages that slide lock has broken inside the barrel. Is there a way to disengage that piece or remove the lock ? Does it pop out? I have been trying to find a diagram of the lock system to see if it is possible to remove the lock altogether with out taking the lens apart. Any ideas i would listen to Thanks
BL>
Hi! I had great success in releasing the lock on this 19-250mm Pentax lens. now if i can find out where I found the solution! I had done a search on Google answer (and they supposedly have tech contacts that can give you an answer) but their “Professional” said take it to a camera shop for dismantle and repair!
DON’T DI IT! There is a simple answer.
Have you done a search on pentaxforums.com ? There is an answer which I am going to search and let you know, if/when I find it. ! can’t remember exactly but it was loosening a simple screw to release it.
i just email the contact who gave me his solution and asked him to send me the link to his results and forward it.
TommyRingo

---------- Post added 03-25-19 at 10:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by layfsphoto Quote
My Pentax Lens the 18-250 zoom lock button is jammed in the lock position.
I need help fixing this problem . I cant currently afford to fix the lenes at the local repair shop much less sending it to the Pentax repair center. Anybody with Ideas i will give them a go.
Link: Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens at: How to Restore Chrome Browser After Encountering "Bad Request-Request Too Long" Error on SharePoint Server

07-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #23
bik

It Really works!

Thanks mate!

I had the same problem, tightened the screw and the lens is better than ever!
Thank you again, you save lots of money and unnecessary effort for me!
07-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by bik Quote
Thanks mate!

I had the same problem, tightened the screw and the lens is better than ever!
Thank you again, you save lots of money and unnecessary effort for me!
You’re welcome, bik!
03-16-2022, 07:49 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Ellsworth Quote
I've just encountered this problem in May of 2018, discovered its cause, and created a web page detailing the simple repair (which can be accomplished with a modicum of skills in a matter of minutes). Hope this helps someone:

Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens

Regards,

Ellsworth
Lens Jammed yesterday 16 Mar 2022. Started to pull lens apart, then found this solution. Was a quick fix, thank you!
03-18-2022, 02:51 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Wumpus Quote
Lens Jammed yesterday 16 Mar 2022. Started to pull lens apart, then found this solution. Was a quick fix, thank you!
You’re very welcome. I pleased that the page was helpful to you.
07-05-2022, 04:14 AM   #27

Responding to this, just to bump it back up to the top.

Any chance of getting a sticky on it?
09-06-2023, 02:18 AM   #28

Pentax Lens 18-250 Smc. Lock button REPAIR

Simple fix -
1, remove the rubber ring
2, gently tighten the screw from below
3, put on the rubber ring
4, test the functions