Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,355
QuoteOriginally posted by Ellsworth Quote
Hope this helps someone:
Thanks, I will remember this one.

06-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #17
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Somehow the photo did not get uploaded - here it is:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-H811  Photo 
07-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #18
New Member
pcktools's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
To Elsworth......A giant thank you for giving me back my favorite lens. A 5 minute fix requiring one tool. Thank you. Thank you...........

---------- Post added 07-13-18 at 09:04 PM ----------

Thanks "Ellsworth"! Never said I could spell.
07-19-2018, 06:35 AM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
QuoteOriginally posted by Ellsworth Quote
I've just encountered this problem in May of 2018, discovered its cause, and created a web page detailing the simple repair (which can be accomplished with a modicum of skills in a matter of minutes). Hope this helps someone:

Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens

Regards,

Ellsworth
Hi Ellsworth, I have sent a reply to your e-mail.

Thanks, TommyRingo.


Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-19-2018 at 07:14 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed for security reasons.
03-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #20
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Truly. Thank-you so much for posting this.

I've used this lens for a few years and love the versatility of it. But today, it jammed... I was at a fan-convention, shooting cosplay. Frustrated and unwilling to go home with a bunch of 18mm shots, I used my phone to seek help on the forums...This was the first article I came across. The gracious staff at the front desk at a nearby hotel (I wasn't even a guest!) lent me a micro-screwdriver, and I was able to unlock the zoom in minutes. I had to tighten two of the three screws, because, damn, everything was loose!

I really appreciate that you posted this information, Ellsworth.
03-25-2019, 01:53 AM   #21
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Very pleased to know that my efforts have been of help.

Regards,

Ellsworth

QuoteOriginally posted by geoectomy Quote
Truly. Thank-you so much for posting this.

I've used this lens for a few years and love the versatility of it. But today, it jammed... I was at a fan-convention, shooting cosplay. Frustrated and unwilling to go home with a bunch of 18mm shots, I used my phone to seek help on the forums...This was the first article I came across. The gracious staff at the front desk at a nearby hotel (I wasn't even a guest!) lent me a micro-screwdriver, and I was able to unlock the zoom in minutes. I had to tighten two of the three screws, because, damn, everything was loose!

I really appreciate that you posted this information, Ellsworth.
03-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #22
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
QuoteOriginally posted by layfsphoto Quote
I checked it for dirt. And nothing . The slide goes back into lock position and out of the locked postition. Still the lens does not zoom out. It feel like was ever engages that slide lock has broken inside the barrel. Is there a way to disengage that piece or remove the lock ? Does it pop out? I have been trying to find a diagram of the lock system to see if it is possible to remove the lock altogether with out taking the lens apart. Any ideas i would listen to Thanks
BL>
Hi! I had great success in releasing the lock on this 19-250mm Pentax lens. now if i can find out where I found the solution! I had done a search on Google answer (and they supposedly have tech contacts that can give you an answer) but their “Professional” said take it to a camera shop for dismantle and repair!
DON’T DI IT! There is a simple answer.
Have you done a search on pentaxforums.com ? There is an answer which I am going to search and let you know, if/when I find it. ! can’t remember exactly but it was loosening a simple screw to release it.
i just email the contact who gave me his solution and asked him to send me the link to his results and forward it.
TommyRingo

---------- Post added 03-25-19 at 10:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by layfsphoto Quote
My Pentax Lens the 18-250 zoom lock button is jammed in the lock position.
I need help fixing this problem . I cant currently afford to fix the lenes at the local repair shop much less sending it to the Pentax repair center. Anybody with Ideas i will give them a go.
Link: Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens at: How to Restore Chrome Browser After Encountering "Bad Request-Request Too Long" Error on SharePoint Server

07-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #23
bik
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
It Really works!

Thanks mate!

I had the same problem, tightened the screw and the lens is better than ever!
Thank you again, you save lots of money and unnecessary effort for me!
07-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #24
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
QuoteOriginally posted by bik Quote
Thanks mate!

I had the same problem, tightened the screw and the lens is better than ever!
Thank you again, you save lots of money and unnecessary effort for me!
You’re welcome, bik!
03-16-2022, 07:49 PM   #25
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1
QuoteOriginally posted by Ellsworth Quote
I've just encountered this problem in May of 2018, discovered its cause, and created a web page detailing the simple repair (which can be accomplished with a modicum of skills in a matter of minutes). Hope this helps someone:

Fixing the Stuck/Jammed Zoom on a Pentax/Tamron 18-250 Lens

Regards,

Ellsworth
Lens Jammed yesterday 16 Mar 2022. Started to pull lens apart, then found this solution. Was a quick fix, thank you!
03-18-2022, 02:51 AM   #26
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
QuoteOriginally posted by Wumpus Quote
Lens Jammed yesterday 16 Mar 2022. Started to pull lens apart, then found this solution. Was a quick fix, thank you!
You’re very welcome. I pleased that the page was helpful to you.
07-05-2022, 04:14 AM   #27
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Oregon Coast
Posts: 159
Responding to this, just to bump it back up to the top.

Any chance of getting a sticky on it?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
answer, button, camera, ideas, lens, lock, pentax, pentax help, pentax lens, photography, position, repair, search, shop, troubleshooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax 18-250 DA WR lens solomoj13 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 07-24-2012 06:08 PM
For Sale - Sold: SMC Pentax DA 18-250 f3.5-6.3 ED AL(IF) tas 0425 Sold Items 3 03-12-2012 05:26 AM
New Sigma 18-250 Vs Used Tamron/Pentax 18-250 regardless of the price ishchupak Pentax K-5 & K-5 II 11 09-26-2011 01:45 AM
Pentax SMC DA 18-250 vs Sigma 18-200 DC - Which One Should I Buy? Macca35 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 04-14-2009 07:33 AM
New Pentax SMC 18-250 problem mito Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 01-22-2008 12:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top