Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

K10D 4 way arrow pad not working

I have a K 30 coming my way but have always planned to keep my K10D. Today, while out shooting my daughter's Cadet Parade I went to review some photos going "backwards" with the left pointing arrow key...no go! I then tried to use the other arrows (to choose ISO, WB, flash modes, etc.) and all but the left pointing arrow key continue to function properly. Had I been on auto WB I could still manage but being a gloriously sunny day today I set my WB accordingly...and now it is STUCK!

Anyone have experience or knowledge of this issue - either to fix the arrow key or a work around the issue so that I may continue to use the camera?

Thanks!

05-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like it is gunked up. Remove the battery, blow around the button with canned air first. If that doesn't blow the crud free, use a spray of electronic contact cleaner and work the button.
05-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jim - we tried both ideas and although we did blow out a pile of gunk (dead skin cells/hand cream/dust mixture I'm sure!) it is still not working.

Will try these steps again tomorrow.

Denise