Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

K30 looses picture after switch off

Hi everybody!

I bought a K30 yesterday and made some testfotos today. Now I'm a little bit astonished of this phenomenon:

I take one or more pictures, wait till the cam is ready to shoot again and turn it off after a view secondes. (I did this for years with my k100d without problems and I think this is a normal situation.)
But the K30 does not store the last picture in this case (Filesize always 0 kb). I must wait a couple of seconds befor the picture ist saved and I can turn off the cam.
But this is very annoying.
The SD-Card is new, Class 10, very fast and works very well on PC and K30. So i ask myself:

Is this normal for the K30? Does an firmware update help (installed version is v1.00)? Or have you any other ideas?

Thanks and greetings from Germany,
Smurf

05-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Format your card in camera and that should fix it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
Wow, you are realy quick, thank you! But formating didn't help. :-(
I took an old 4GB Card and this one works fine. So I think my new 16 GB card (Transcend SDHC UHS-I 16 GB) is the problem...
I will try an other one these days!
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by smurf Quote
Hi everybody!

I bought a K30 yesterday and made some testfotos today. Now I'm a little bit astonished of this phenomenon:

I take one or more pictures, wait till the cam is ready to shoot again and turn it off after a view secondes. (I did this for years with my k100d without problems and I think this is a normal situation.)
But the K30 does not store the last picture in this case (Filesize always 0 kb). I must wait a couple of seconds befor the picture ist saved and I can turn off the cam.
The SD-Card is new, Class 10, very fast and works very well on PC and K30. So i ask myself:

Is this normal for the K30? Does an firmware update help (installed version is v1.00)? Or have you any other ideas?

Smurf
The file sizes of the K30 are larger than those of the K100D. Say 8MB compared to 2MB in JPG size. So you will need to wait longer.

Also consider the speed of your card. It could be slower than what the camera can write to the card. Try different cards, with different speeds, and see what happens.

Regards

Chris

05-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smurf Quote
Hi everybody!

Smurf
Not sure why there is such a rush to switch it off Mine are 'on' almost permanently as they go to sleep after a minute or so by themselves when ignored