Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

Odd problem with my K-x

I have a Pentax K-x. I turned it on today and noticed the shutter speed box in the monitor is flashing and shows things like .6" and 1.5" or 3", not the shutter speed. Along with this the aperture box and ISO are flashing. this has never happened before.It does not matter what picture mode or lens I change to. any ideas? Did I change a setting somewhere?

05-06-2013, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
short solution: Take the lens cap off!

Long one: .6", 1.5" and 3" are seconds also. Long exposures are called like that becouse well, the exposure can last from a few seconds to several minutes. Aperture and ISO indications will flash becouse your camera canīt find a combination of them that will give you a proper exposure.. Thatīs why I guesse you might have left the lens cap on.
Maybe you changed your mode on the dial. Do you use green or P mode?
05-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
short solution: Take the lens cap off!

Long one: .6", 1.5" and 3" are seconds also. Long exposures are called like that becouse well, the exposure can last from a few seconds to several minutes. Aperture and ISO indications will flash becouse your camera canīt find a combination of them that will give you a proper exposure.. Thatīs why I guesse you might have left the lens cap on.
Maybe you changed your mode on the dial. Do you use green or P mode?
Ha! yes the cap was off.. I could still take picks. but I did not know that meant seconds of exposure. so that would make sense, because I was in a dimly lit room. so thanks very much. I hate it when I can't figure stuff out.
05-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Glad it helped. If you use the P mode, you will be able to select a higher ISO so that the shutter speed wonīt be so low. you should try it!