Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #1

Pentax Battery Grip BG-4 battery door

Hi Guys,

I bought this second-hand original Pentax BG-4 battery grip and want to insert 6 AA batteries into it, the problem is I am not able to shut the battery door with the accompanying battery insert door as the 6 batteries fill up the top space tightly which results in not allowing the accompanying battery insert door to slide in. There must be something I am missing here.

05-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #2

Original Poster
Alright, I found the answer. I have not been given the AA battery insert and got only the lithium battery insert. In future guys, make sure you get both inserts, one insert for AA batteries and one for the lithium battery. Thanks to myself for the answer, signing off.
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You fit 6 into that Lithium tray? I have to applaud you, that is impressive, actually.
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eulogy Quote
You fit 6 into that Lithium tray? I have to applaud you, that is impressive, actually.
Can anyone fit 6 into that Lithium tray?
What I meant is I insert 6 AA's into the empty hole, but than one cannot close the door with the only insert I got, meaning, I did not receive the AA battery insert and assumed the AA's would need to be simply dropped into the hole, but than the battery door cannot be closed obviously.

07-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Forum Member

I also bought the grip used and got only the Li tray. Why are people who sell the grip back to a store not include the AA tray.