Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1

Need to reclaim Photos

Hi I'm new here. I have always had a pentex camera starting with a K-1000. I have a k-2000 and forgot to put an sd card in.

I took some pictures before I knew no sd card was there. Is there a way to get the pictures off the camera?

Without the sd card in I push the info button and it just says "no card in camera". Are there any pictures on the camera and if so How do I find them?
Hope this makes sense.

Photogurl

05-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.

Unfortunately without the memory card in place there was nowhere for the photos to be stored. The only memory the camera has is for the firmware that it uses to operate.
05-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. I have a little point and shoot that lets you take pix off the camera. I was hoping it would go the same. Oh poo hoo.
05-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Aye, some P&S cameras had a little bit of memory in them to allow for a few shots to be stored without additional memory cards.

Most of the bigger cameras don't have this as an option.