Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

The eBay auction says "The problem is the film under the viewfinder mirror was damaged then removed." Very misleading, but glad things worked out.

05-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks. I will end up losing $12 after commissions, but that is acceptable considering that the repair costs would exceed the camera value. I still want to get a DSLR that will accept the numerous screw lenses I have and would like to get in for around $200 used. Top of the line would be great, but even if I had the money I'd be so worried about dropping it, etcetera, I'd be afraid to use it.
05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually on European eBay the K100, *istDL, *istDL2 sell not always, but most times for EUR 140-180, *istD and *istDS for a bit more, K200 for EUR 200-230, K10 slightly more.

K-x EUR 250-300, K-r and K20 more than that.

K-7 and K-5 varying and completey unpredictable.

I'm closely following as I may add a fallback DSLR body end of the year. Presently I can't afford a new one (1 or 2 lenses are more important).
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
The eBay auction says "The problem is the film under the viewfinder mirror was damaged then removed." Very misleading, but glad things worked out.
I don't really read it as misleading but rather not knowing what they are describing - it is also being sold as damaged, not as a working camera. The only real problem they did was not showing a photo of what they were describing, which would've cleared it up pretty well (if it would have looked like the OPs photo!).

05-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I don't really read it as misleading but rather not knowing what they are describing - it is also being sold as damaged, not as a working camera.
I see it as misleading, because they have it listed as "Used", which according to eBay means "An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended." The OP probably could have requested a refund based on this.

The item should have been listed as "For parts or not working", which means "An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components."

Condition