Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Can anyone tell me what this is and where to get one?

Mostly interested in the "eyepiece" screen attached to the small scope. The roll holder appears to be separate. This piece doesn't appear to be electronic.

http://www.koheisha.jp/msborgf2801.html

Last edited by Yamaha; 05-18-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Additional detail.
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of these might do what you want:

PENTAX Monocular Converter K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Wow. Instantly turning k mount lenses into telescopes is a VERY cool idea. I'm so glad know about this accessory now. Definitely going to try it. Thank you.
05-19-2013, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As for turning a lens into a scope...

I have one of the genuine Pentax ones. They are just about impossible to get. It took me years to find one OEM new in box!

A cheaper and possibly better one is here.

Lens2Scope comes in two configurations

Lens2scope : Buy or Learn at Adorama

As for a generic attachment, just about any K to M42 adapter will work if you want to connect something to a lens.

05-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It looked like they had some kind of digital back on that setup. Am I wrong? I wonder what the quality would be like.
05-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
It looked like they had some kind of digital back on that setup. Am I wrong? I wonder what the quality would be like.
Not sure. To me, it kind of looks like a viewfinder on an vintage medium format dual lens.
05-19-2013, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

It's a film back with part of it removed. Look at the 2nd photo in the original link. White text says "Toyo Roll Film Holder". The red text might say "69/45" but there are multiple sizes available.

Toyo-View Roll Film Holder 180-726 B&H Photo Video
05-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
It's a film back with part of it removed. Look at the 2nd photo in the original link. White text says "Toyo Roll Film Holder". The red text might say "69/45" but there are multiple sizes available.

Toyo-View Roll Film Holder 180-726 B&H Photo Video
http://www.koheisha.jp/msborgf2801.html

Very cool. That definitely helps narrow it down. I'd did google, but it looks like I misspelled it. I was mostly curious what the optic part is technically called.

Last edited by Yamaha; 05-19-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Syntax.
05-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
In case anyone is wondering, that entire site appears to revolve around Borg (Pentax) telescopes.