Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1

Pentax K5-II with Pc-5 code

just came in from shooting ... ready to transfer files to computer .... computer not recognizing my camera (has never happened before) and I notice this "code": Pc-5 on the camera itself - absolutely nothing else present on any of the display areas.

This is a brand new camera (less than 4 months old) and I am confused b/c I recently shot and transferred files no problems.

Any ideas on this code? Or possibly if I need to reset something? Battery new and fresh, also recently upgraded the firmware (maybe two months ago) no other issues since then.

Thank you to anyone who replies.

heather

05-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PC-5 on the camera top screen is normal. It means that the camera recognises the PC.

A few concerns:
- your card may be faulty; try to use another card into the K-5;

- use a card reader to check if the card is readable; in the affirmative, try a recovery software (eg Recuva) to test the card;

- use another USB port, to ensure that it is not a computer issue.

My 5 cents.....
05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

I would try using an SD card reader and see if you can get the pictures off the camera that way. If you have another computer try it, sometimes it's simply a computer glitch (restarting the computer also helps sometimes. Are you using a PC or a Mac? Good luck!
05-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #4

My K-5 froze with that display once when I disconnected the USB cable without turning off the camera. Try taking out for a minute, Then put the battery back in, and turn the camera on AFTER you connect to the computer. When you're done transferring, turn off the camera and wait for all lights to go out before disconnecting.