Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #1

K30 MF side switch noise

Just got a white k30, and noticed when i switch the 'AF.S - C - MF' making a double click sound, when i switch it to 'MF -> C'... I noticed it's the screw drive going in and out when switching it... Is it normal to make a double click sound when switching the lever from "MF to C". Thanks

05-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, never noticed that before. But yes, how you describe it is *exactly* how it is on my K-30.

Enjoy your new camera!

-Heie
05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
When you switch to manual the AF drive will retract. It also retracts when the lens release button is pushed. When the AF drive is extended, it has to reengage with the AF slot on the back of the lens. My camera is packed for a weekend trip, but I'll listen for the double click when I pull it out of the bag. I am willing to bet the sound is just everything re-linking.