Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #16

Original Poster
I'll start of with "HDR = High Dynamic Range." . I have all the equipment and the time to do so for it.

05-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adinfinitum Quote

<SNIP>

And yes, other's may have different experience but CPL is primarily for landscapes, I don't know of any interior photographer who uses one.
Hmm, I am not a pro photographer, but I use a pol-filter in any situation, where I want to eliminate glare/reflections from various objects - and this includes in-doors.

Essentially, the problem with using a pol-filter indoors is, that often there's not enough natural light (as somebody stated, a pol-filter eats 1.5-2.5 stops worth of light) and when using a flash, a pol-filter is not having any significant (if any at all) effect.

If OPs B&B has those huge nice glass windows, etc., then a pol-filter /may/ give extra depth and spark to the colors of the decor etc. It's really hard to tell without seeing the B&B....

...therefore, OP should invite us all for a (photographic) weekend at his facilities - or, failing that, show some photos.

I personally do not think that HDR would be helpful for this type of photos....actually, HDR is (for me) most appropriate when done in very moderate amounts and....for landscapes
05-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
you can't use a circular polarizer on an ultra wide lens such as the sigma 10-20mm. The reason is that the contrast reducing property of a circular polarizer will create dark and light elements within the photo due to the ultra wide angle of view. Meaning, instead of the CPL being able to make the image either darker or lighter, you'll get both effects regardless of how the polarizer is turned.
Again, I beg to differ...maybe at 10mm you can't avoid those effects, I honestly do not know - but I definitely use a pol filter on my 15mm without any adverse effects, of course paying attention to the effects in the viewfinder or on the screen....
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maxibaut Quote
I'll start of with "HDR = High Dynamic Range." . I have all the equipment and the time to do so for it.
This is probably a good place to start. There are tons of threads and tutorials on the forums and the Internet, but as always, if you have questions, just ask on the forums!

This will give you some time to study up on circular polarizer filters. It could still be useful for you with glare on windows, but you would get the most use for it on landscapes. As stated before, you need a 77mm filter with your lens. They are expensive, but they do sell in the forum marketplace from time to time. Look for a Hoya pro1 or a B&W filter. If you have issues like vignetting, they will happen when you are shooting at 10mm.