Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

how to know if k5 needs an update and where to get disc?

I see it referenced in threads, firmware u update. How do I know if I need one?
Also, how would I go about getting a disc that normally comes w the camera? I bought it used from Adorama last year.

05-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Start the camera while holding down the menu button and it will show the firmware version. If it's < 1.14 then you should update it (instructions found on our homepage).

The discs aren't that easy to get, but you might be able to talk a fellow owner into sending you an ISO

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow, maybe that's why I am having such trouble with the AF. Version 1.01.
I will do the update Nd put out an ISO, maybe I will get lucky. Thank you!!
05-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
what kind of trouble are you having? specifically, under what conditions are you having trouble w/ the AF? it will be helpful to know what settings you have on the camera like what type of focus points you are using, what focus mode your cam is set to, what lens you are using, and how dark of an environment you are having the most problems with. also, let us know what your subject matter is... sorry for the long requests, but that will be the best way to get advise that actually helps you.