Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter

K2DMD questions.

I hadn't expected to own one of these and was pretty sure that it would need help, but here it is.

It obviously needs to go to Eric as the ASA ring is stiff to say the least. I got it set to 200 which means that film can be used from 50-800 with the compensating ring.
The other issue is that the metering doesn't seem to turn off. The light on the back stays on until the batteries drain.

As I prepare to return to film the bodies are getting stacked up. The MX, the Super Program, the P3n, the ZX-L with battery grip and now this. Which gets first silver . . .

05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I probably did it to myself by pushing the battery check button too hard before learning its real purpose. I have now read and printed the K2 and K2DMD manuals.

I need Eric's help with this one and can't find a link I have seen.
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Home
05-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations on the new acquisition. The K2 DMD is one of my favorite cameras.

I'm not sure what your questions are with the exception of Eric's website, which was answered above. Is there anything else we can help you with?

05-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Why is the red LED on?

When I ask Eric should I say that I don't care about that feature if a new switch isn't available?
06-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
When I ask Eric should I say that I don't care about that feature if a new switch isn't available?
When you press the battery check the red light indicates the battery is ok. If it is on all the time the button must be stuck in, which explains why your batteries are draining. Pressing the battery check button too often drains the batteries.

Phil.
06-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Pressing the battery check button too often drains the batteries.
The classic researchers' dilemma - performing the test (research) alters the context of that which you are testing. Another example is using a pressure gauge to test the air pressure in your tires. The pressure drops every time the gauge is used.
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Eulogy for the link.

Using a sharp sewing needle I managed to pop the button out and after ten frightening minutes managed to clear away some gunk.

I shot a roll of old film today and mostly used the Samyang 14mm f1:2.8.

The K2DMD is worth the trip to Eric on GP.

Peace, everyone
aoeu