Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1

K5 LCD Brightness level

What is the recommended setting on K5 LCD Brightness level?
Ranging from -7 to +7 I guess.

If I tweak this setting, how will I know if the actual picture turns out brighter or darker?

Thanks

06-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I assume you do not mean to infer that the LCD brightness affects the image file (it wont).

Just set the LCD where it looks good, leave it there, and get used to it. You'll eventually be able to judge to some extent what your images will look like.
If you keep adjusting the LCD it won't give you any consistent indication of what your final image will look like.

Of course, some would say the LCD is useless for determining what you image will look like, but at least it is a start. Right?

I leave mine at the default and on sunny days I throw a jacket over my head to block the glare, or I use a Hoodman Loupe to et a good view of the LCD. It will never get bright enough to over power the sun anyway.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brightness, camera, k5, lcd, level, pentax help, photography