Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

SD Card Problems with K100D Super

Hi

I have a K100D Super (firmware 1.00) which has been resting for a year or two as I had loads of problems with battery capacity. Now I have solved that issue with "eneloop" cells I was enjoying using it again until I started getting problems out of the blue with the cards. It started saying that there was no card in the camera. I tried a different card formatted in the camera. It work for a few shots and then lost the pictures. Then I tried to re-format it in a the PC but the PC wouldn't recognise the card. Now with yet another card of a different make (4GB SDHC) it simply loses some of the later pictures on a regular basis. I have both tried to read the card in the PC or by the USB lead. The latter worked better for a few days but now that is not transferring later pictures which are also not visible on the camera screen. I am regularly losing important pictures and so it will have to go back on the shelf unless some kind soul has a suggestion. I have tried to read the card in another camera but it only finds the ones the PC or the K100 Super find.

Any ideas?

Geoffrey H. Fynn

06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Geoffrey H. Fynn Quote
Hi

I have a K100D Super (firmware 1.00) which has been resting for a year or two as I had loads of problems with battery capacity. Now I have solved that issue with "eneloop" cells I was enjoying using it again until I started getting problems out of the blue with the cards. It started saying that there was no card in the camera. I tried a different card formatted in the camera. It work for a few shots and then lost the pictures. Then I tried to re-format it in a the PC but the PC wouldn't recognise the card. Now with yet another card of a different make (4GB SDHC) it simply loses some of the later pictures on a regular basis. I have both tried to read the card in the PC or by the USB lead. The latter worked better for a few days but now that is not transferring later pictures which are also not visible on the camera screen. I am regularly losing important pictures and so it will have to go back on the shelf unless some kind soul has a suggestion. I have tried to read the card in another camera but it only finds the ones the PC or the K100 Super find.

Any ideas?

Geoffrey H. Fynn
You need to find yourself an old non SDHC card and update the firmware. v1.01 and newer supported sdhc, so sdhc won't work with version 1.00, as per the pentax website Q&A found here:

PENTAX K100D and SDHC Memory Cards | Pentax Support

edit: hmm maybe that doesn't apply to the k100d super? If not I'm at a loss.
06-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

Original Poster
I think that "edit" is right. The K100 D Super came SDHC enabled.

I was wondering whether the change to the Eneloop power supply might be relevant? I took a few hundred shots before the card issue started.

Maybe not. Maybe I get and estimate to have it looked at.

Thanks anyway.

Geoffrey H. Fynn