Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #1

I've dropped my lens... too

It's a little disappointing the fact i'm writing my first post for an accident that was stupid... Well... I dropped my Pentax-M 28mm f2.8. At the first look it seems be ok, but when i move the diaphragm ring the bayonet also moves. I think it's damaged. If i use it in my K-5 could i damage the camera? Do you recommend me to get the lens to service?

Thanks for your answer!!!

06-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sa.davalos Quote
but when i move the diaphragm ring the bayonet also moves.
What do you mean the bayonet moves? Are you talking about the lever that opens the diaphragm on the reverse of the lens? Check the lever opens the lens after you close it down with the aperture ring. If it does, and tou can select all apertures, then it is OK.
06-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yep! I mean the lever. As you say, it moves in different diaphragm settings. I had luck then, apparently it's working fine!!

Thanks!!!
06-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Sounds like you may have got away with it, lucky they're aren't designed to be bounced.