Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #1

FA 77 limited / Manual Focus Smoothness

I got a new FA 77mm Limited from a big Mediastore on Ebay, the lens was categorized as new and also looks that way. Not a single hint of being used. Somehow i have some issues with the Focus Ring when i focus manually. When i want to focus from Close to Infinity, the first half of the focus ring does not go as smooth as the rest of the focusing. It's more resistant. I Don't have this problem with my FA 31 Limited somehow.

best,
Kaiowas

06-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It should be the same. Sounds like it might be a manufacturing defect...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaiowas Quote
When i want to focus from Close to Infinity, the first half of the focus ring does not go as smooth as the rest of the focusing. It's more resistant.
In my experience, the lens mustīve been hit on the front... Search for little (barely visible) marks on the front cap and filter ring. This happened to me with an AF lens.