Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2013, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
rbefly, you must be psychic, because a few weeks ago I hopped on ebay and picked up a nice Pentax 135mm & Pentax 28mm (in perfect condition, I might add). I have the original kit lens I got with the camera eons ago, the M 1.7 50mm in very nice shape. I've decided to make these 3 lenses my ME Super set-up for now.

07-15-2013, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey, That's Spooky!

Well, that's downright scary, see what I get for making jokes? Now I won't be able to sleep, wondering if I should start betting on football games.
Seriously, I have a similar kit for film shooting, either the 28mm or 35mm, a fast fifty and a short tele, 85, 100 or 135. Oh, and a 49mm polarizer and (genuine Pentax) YG filter for B + W.
It's funny, the looks you get when people notice you advancing a film lever!
Good Luck with the ME Super, have fun shooting film!
Ron
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
I picked up my ME Super today!! New shutter assay., new light seals, internals cleaned/lubed and the light meter calibrated. So begins another 20 year romp??
That sounds like a good deal for $140. I hope you enjoy using the old camera again.
08-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Over the last couple of weeks I've had my "new" ME Super out and developed the film yesterday (& scanned the negs). It works like a dream. My poor ZX-M is gonna go unused now for film. I had so much time way from the ME Super that I had to relearn the camera. We're all so used to camera bodies with a grip that just that takes a bit of time to handle the camera differently. (I still find myself glancing at the back of the camera to see a screen... makes you feel silly.)

Here's a couple of random pics from the 2 rolls of 400 TX.

Attached Images

Last edited by OrangeKx; 08-07-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: fix typo
08-07-2013, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter

Good story and nice shots too!
08-07-2013, 11:01 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Those are beautiful shots! Hope to see more from your adventures with the ME!
08-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
Over the last couple of weeks I've had my "new" ME Super out and developed the film yesterday (& scanned the negs). It works like a dream. My poor ZX-M is gonna go unused now for film. I had so much time way from the ME Super that I had to relearn the camera. We're all so used to camera bodies with a grip that just that takes a bit of time to handle the camera differently. (I still find myself glancing at the back of the camera to see a screen... makes you feel silly.)

Here's a couple of random pics from the 2 rolls of 400 TX.
I still try to look at the back of my K1000 when I use it. It's like you ME-super, it was my first Pentax 35 years ago and I still use it (after having the light seals replaced). I like it because even if the batteries die I can still use it. But then, I still use the old Speed Graphic I was given when I was 13, so I suppose it isn't surprising that I hang on to good cameras. I was using an ME-super I picked up around 1983 or '84 and used it for over 20 years, when I went to autofocus on the MZ-S, which is another camera I think I'll use forever.
08-09-2013, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #23

Alway enjoyable!

For some of us, B&W film will always be the "essence" of photography. I enjoyed both of your shots. However, I'm the opposite of these other shooters. When I take out my K-30, I never remember to "check on the back." Old habits die hard; very hard.

All the best with your "new" camera! Burning through a roll of B&W film now and then - it's always great fun!

Old Film Guy