Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-11-2013, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #1

Todays article on finding a portrait lens

This was a very good article. Very informative and interesting for a beginner like myself. Serendipity as I have been playing with and old Pentax SMC 50mm Prime lens and I immediately noticed most o the qualities mentioned here. I don't know if that lens would be considered one to try in this setting but it was a great learning experience for me and this timely article fits so well with that. Thanks Thomas

Beginner Portrait Lens Guide - Pentax Tutorial Videos - PentaxForums.com

06-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's definitely a lens to try. Even the cheapest M50/2 can take a good portrait shot. You can overlook it for all the "better" lenses. They are nice but a lot of what makes portraits is the subject. If you happen to have the world's best portrait lens on the camera, it might add an extra something.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
article, beginner, camera, lens, pentax, pentax help, photography, portrait