Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The spot on the image of the keyboard player is just the reflection of the waiter's arm as he's reaching for the money. That image looks fine. The other images do seem to have something going on though. Somebody mentioned a fingerprint on the lens perhaps? Could be on either the front or rear elements. Did you physically clean the sensor at any time before using the camera for the event? If so, there could have been some residue from the cleaning.

06-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The lens was cleaned before using it. When using it, it was first fine for about35-40% of the photos, and the rest all have this problem going on. I do not recall cleaning it afterwards, but have used the lens since and am no longer experiencing the same issue.
06-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Hi

The dreaded Bulgarian self mutating lens virus I suspect !
06-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
The lens was cleaned before using it. When using it, it was first fine for about35-40% of the photos, and the rest all have this problem going on. I do not recall cleaning it afterwards, but have used the lens since and am no longer experiencing the same issue.
Strange. Must be one of those mystery glitches or something. The only other thing I could think of is that perhaps something (fingerprint, moisture of some kind, etc.) got onto the lens after you took it out of your bag. But unless you wiped the front element with a lens cloth during the shoot, the problem would have been on all of the photos.

One other option, also mentioned earlier, is condensation. Was your camera in a hot environment prior to entering the event location? If the event was being held in a well air conditioned space, some "fog" could have formed on the lens, and eventually evaporated as it acclimated to the room's temperature. Other than that, I don't know what else could have caused the problem.

If you are no longer having the problem, I wouldn't worry too much about it anymore. If it pops up again, you might want to send the lens, or the camera, in for inspection/repair.

06-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I too believe it was something temporary, but was still wondering. I have yet to try with the flash, though I do have my doubts about it being the cause of it.

It was a hot day both outside an inside. The lens was in the bag for several hours before usage and the bag was placed about 2m next to the piano during all that time. I think this scenario is very unlikely.

Schraubstock: Yeah, perhaps