Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My file from my DA* 60-250 is attached. Rename to LENSEEP.LNS to use.
This is the unmodified file without any changes as it works today on my lens with working SDM.
These are supposed to be fairly lens specific, much of the info pertains to focus adjustments I think.

Attached Files
File Type: txt DA60-250_LENSEEP_Original-LNS.txt (13.4 KB, 117 views)
05-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My file from my DA* 60-250 is attached. Rename to LENSEEP.LNS to use.
This is the unmodified file without any changes as it works today on my lens with working SDM.
These are supposed to be fairly lens specific, much of the info pertains to focus adjustments I think.
Thank you sir!
06-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Following.........

---------- Post added 06-12-16 at 04:36 PM ----------

The last proposed set of changes do nothing. Nothing I have tried works so far.
06-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Hello,

My DA* 60-250 is behaving somewhat strangely lately: when attempting focusing after having not used the camera since days, the focus system does not operate in the first place. No sound, no warning in the viewfinder (K7 body) it just doesn't respond. I manually rotate the focus ring back and forth and try again focusing and then the focusing system wakes-up but with a VERY slow speed (I hear each click and it takes several seconds to reach focus). Several attempts later with some other manual focusing in between seem eventually to restore the correct operation of the focusing system. The body is not the problem as there are no focusing problem with my DA 17-70 mm. I noticed that the problem seems to get worse each time I use the lens (time needed to resume correct operation is lengthening). The lens guarantee is over, before sending it for servicing I would like to know if other DA 60-250 owners experienced the same kind of issue.

Another SDM issue I guess.

Many thanks.

Claudio
I just tried to purchase a used one and got the same result on my K70. Is there a setting that i'm not aware of? Sent back the lens very disappointed.

06-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wb2kki Quote
I just tried to purchase a used one and got the same result on my K70. Is there a setting that i'm not aware of? Sent back the lens very disappointed.
It seems rarer with the 60-250 but not unheard of.
06-07-2020, 02:44 AM   #36

Photos: Gallery
Simple workaround (for the symptoms originally described) if the lens is outwardly undamaged: Switch on live view and try to focus there. It will take a minute or two of trying, then it springs to life, and after that it works also with PDAF. And it will work right away later today and tomorrow again.

If you leave it to sit for a week you may need to repeat the procedure.

So the good news is, this is not a sign the SDM will fail anytime soon. I've used mine this way for years already.

Why does it work this way? I don't know. But it does, very consistently.
06-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #37

Thanks for the idea. I sent the lens back for repair or refund. I sent them your idea if they want to try it.

06-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kameraten Quote
One more experience with this lens, rather unsettling: The first of the two small tabs powering the SDM got loose and bent over while changing lens, see picture. What's bothering to me is that it turned out that this tab is a very weak construction in the first place, and it's bound to get loose at some point when confronted with the contacts on the body.
The lens is out of warranty but very little used. Do all the other SDM lenses have these same lousy contacts? If I were a sports or bird enthusiast this lens would not have lasted a month.
BTW Swissidoodle, how did you go about modifying your 50-135 for screw drive?
That is a $30 part. I've replaced mine. Sun Camera in Toronto sent it out to me. I initially took the one from my 18-135 when I needed it, it's a small job, and take about 5 minutes after you have the part.