Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Automatic horizon correction in K7 Pentax body

Hello again,
I was wondering whether some use this option in the K7 menu (I suppose it is available on the K5 and other bodies), and what is their experience about? As far as I'm concerned, I activated this feature on my K7 and found that many pictures were not vertically aligned despite I checked the image composition. Then I noticed that the level indicator in the viewfinder never indicated a correct horizontality though the image in the viewfinder seemed ok. I then made some tests by perfectly aligning the bottom of the viewfinder frame with a straight object and noticed again that the object was not aligned in the picture taken. My conclusion is that the level sensor is not correctly calibrated. I unchecked the automatic horizon correction in the menu and repeated the test, this time the object was correctly aligned.

06-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The artificial horizon can be out of sync and need adjustment. Your tests appear to indicate that yours needs adjustment.
06-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
scc
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, the problem is I don't find an option for calibrating it.
06-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Yes, the problem is I don't find an option for calibrating it.
There isn't one. Only a service center can calibrate it for you, unfortunately. Also, try updating your firmware, as that might also fix it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
scc
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks,
I already updated the firmware, it didn't help. Since this feature is not essential I don't plan servcing the K7 body though.