Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #1

possibly selling my kx to upgrade

Hello everyone. I'm currently on saving to upgrade camera bodies from my kx to the k30. I'm trying to sell a couple lenses but I'm wondering if I should sell them separately or together. I'm trying to sell my DAL 18-55mm specifically. How would I go about selling it on the forum as opposed to ebay?

06-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might want to read this thread...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/228163-...tic-mount.html

Beyond that... It can be hard to sell a current production kit lens. That is because nearly every Pentax owner who purchased his or her camera in the past decade already has the kit lens or specifically didn't want it so they bought just a body.

To sell on the Pentax Forum, you need to be a financial contributor to the web site. That really isn't so bad if you will sell either a largish item or several smaller items. Beyond payment of a voluntary contribution that also gets you upload quotas, the Forum doesn't take a cut out of your profits like eBay does (although if the payment is via PayPal, they still get there cut from the transaction).

My rule of thumb is if the item is highly collectible, THIS is the place to sell it. If the item is a relatively common entry level item, you might have a better chance on eBay. If you live in a major metro area, Craig's List is another possibility.
06-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-firs...ack-guide.html
06-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The DA-L will be a hard sell as noted above, but the K-x camera has gone well here in the Marketplace.

Remember, you avoid eBay fees here but do support Adam's project in these forums.

06-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take note of how the manufacturers sell. Generally, the camera, kit lens and maybe some accessories sell as a package. Sometimes there's another package with a second complementary lens that makes sense, like the 55-300, because a lot of buyers would want that as a second lens. Specialized lenses are offered separately. You wouldn't see a package with the camera, 18-55 and the DA* 55mm f1.4. Yes, it's easier for you the seller to offer one package deal and ship it all together, but you limit the appeal to buyers. They may not want the specialized lens.