Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eirik95 Quote
Found this(these) gems
That's a great find, you wanna go find me some too.

Enjoy that first class kit, by producing some stunning images.

09-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
In my opinion, the lowest price way to get started is to buy a Pentax K-01, $300 or less without lens.
In Norway? Probably hard to find it at all, and definitely not for $300, even used. Better chance looking for a used K-5 or K-30. But still not for $300. That's more K20D territory, I think, or maybe K-7 (without having looked real hard).

Everything is expensive over here, but that's mostly due to retailers having to uphold 5 years of consumer protection, and due to 25% VAT.
09-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Considering everything found, including the 110, I would also consider getting a Pentax Q along with any other body.

For the full manual lenses, also consider getting an *istD as it is the best at metering and also supports TTL flash so you can do flash photography with the legacy lenses and have good flash control

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 09-07-2013 at 09:28 AM.
09-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #34

Find a friend with any Pentax K-mount body and try out these lenses together, and you will learn a lot. Can you rent out any Pentax bodies over there?

09-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #35

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
So I bought myself a used Pentax K-R, almost like new, for about 400$, started taking some pictures and its really cool Got everything working with the old objectives and also got a DAL objective with the K-R. I really dont use it though, because the others just take better pictures and it feels like a plastic toy compared to the ones I got. But its fun seeing the auto settings compared to the manual with the old ones Only problem I got is the optical viewer/seeker (?) doesnt show the focus very good, so I have to use the screen to focus. Maybe I have to get my sight checked..
Is there some sort of beginners section where you can post pictures and get feedback? Thanks
09-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So I bought myself a used Pentax K-R, almost like new, for about 400$, started taking some pictures and its really cool Got everything working with the old objectives and also got a DAL objective with the K-R. I really dont use it though, because the others just take better pictures and it feels like a plastic toy compared to the ones I got. But its fun seeing the auto settings compared to the manual with the old ones Only problem I got is the optical viewer/seeker (?) doesnt show the focus very good, so I have to use the screen to focus. Maybe I have to get my sight checked..
Is there some sort of beginners section where you can post pictures and get feedback? Thanks
Post in the post your photos section.

Great to see those gems there. It is probably not easy/cheap to collect those PENTAX books back in the days.... so your father spend quite a lot on photography, and is for sure a PENTAX fanboy!
09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Only problem I got is the optical viewer/seeker (?) doesnt show the focus very good, so I have to use the screen to focus. Maybe I have to get my sight checked..
If you look, there should be a little ridged plastic slider up by the eyepiece (should be behind the rubber eyecup and below the flash mount) that can be moved left and right. That's the diopter setting and will 'focus' the eyepiece for you. best way I know of to set it is to set the camera on something in the liveview and (without moving the camera, so do this on a tripod if possible) then adjust accordingly.