Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Sorry, I hadn't picked up on that. The Matin has some nice features. Too bad it doesn't have a port for CPL adjustment, like Pentax hoods.
Not necessary. Remove the bayonet ring, install the CPL, reinstall the bayonet ring. Now you can turn the entire hood which is actually easier than sticking your finger through a little port - I know from experience.

06-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #17
Pentaxian

@audiobomber
QuoteQuote:
Could be. Some rubber hoods have no filter threads, which makes them useless IMO
I got one of these from a Chinese eBay seller, where this was not obvious from the offer.
And I also once got a 49mm hood, which had a filter thread, but a 52mm one.

Since that time, I always closely inspect the pictures provided, and sometimes even question the sellers before ordering. Even for a $2 offer from China, my requests were always answered (well, sometimes only after 8-10 days, and the answer had obviously run through google translate). So you should put such a request using very simple English, because they may get the meaning also only using computer translation.