Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Can LCD screen scratches be repaired?

Just bought a used camera scratched LCD screen... I got it cheap so its no big deal but is there any way to fix this or at least make them less noticeable?

06-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
One thing that can fix minor scratches in clear acrylic is Pledge Future Floor polish. Don't laugh, it really is a great thing for this. Just brush it on, and dab off the excess with a few Q-Tips. Before you do that, mount it with the screen flat and level, and put it in a completely dust free area. Let it dry overnight. If you don't like it, remove it with Windex.

I use this with model airplane canopies all the time, and they are basically the same plastics.

06-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I use this with model airplane canopies all the time, and they are basically the same plastics.
I agree with this as I've used it on plastic model canopies too (actually I use it as a clear-coat over the entire model too as a seal for the water based acrylic paint I use).

I doubt the screen is toughened glass as it scratched but if it was glass it would probably fill the scratches in glass too.