Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
If under warranty, I think both you and Julie need to contact Pentax and arrange for repairs/replacements.
Still under warranty through October. Guess I'll get this ball rollin' then.
Thanks!

06-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Unless you paid for the extension, there is a one-year warranty. If under warranty, I think both you and Julie need to contact Pentax and arrange for repairs/replacements.
Yes, I will have to do that.

Thanks for bringing this up, strangeboy.
06-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I just tried my K-30 out of curiosity. Yes, there was crack/popping sound when I put pressure on the front grip, sound like there was a gap between the plastic cover and the frame inside. But after hard squeezing several times to hear several creaks then it seemed like the cover got pressed back in place and produced no more sound, it seems solid now.
06-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Wait, can we back up a bit... now I feel really stupid.
Is this not the area we are talking about or have I been holding my K30 the wrong way the whole time?

I hear the creak and feel the looseness on the front grip where my middle finger is positioned... (sorry for awkward photos; kind hard to hold one camera and take a photo with another)
I see what you mean, As I've got big hands, I do not put much pressure on the front grip as you indicated, but actually my fingers put more grip next to the lens on the body, and my thumb above the thumb grip, just underneath the "K-30". I just tested mine all over, but found no untoward sounds, probably as the normal wear and tear is not where it's supposed to be...

06-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Wait, can we back up a bit... now I feel really stupid.
Is this not the area we are talking about or have I been holding my K30 the wrong way the whole time?

I hear the creak and feel the looseness on the front grip where my middle finger is positioned... (sorry for awkward photos; kind hard to hold one camera and take a photo with another)
No not wrong holding kamera like that, btw you have beautiful hand , because i only use k-x i don't fell that...
07-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #21

Just tried it, and mine also creaks.

Haven't got warranty so I'm gonna tell myself it's normal.

:P
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

UPDATE: So I sent my camera in to CRIS with a note explaining the issue and they re-tightened some screws there and guess what; no creaking!

If you've got this issue and your camera is under warranty, don't hesitate to send it in.

I'm very pleased with CRIS fixing it up and sending it back in a very timely manner.