Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K10D "card not formatted" even after formatting.

I am trying to format a new memory card in the camera. When I turn the camera with the new card in the screen reads "card not formatted. I go to settings, scroll to format, and click ok. The progress bar screen shows up then quickly goes away to the "card not formatted screen". When I plug the camera into my laptop a window pops up saying that the card is not formatted and asks if I would like to format it, when I click yes a window pops up that says unable to format card, but doesn't give me reasons why.

06-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the card write-protected, or is it it an SDXC card? The K10D can't handle cards > 32gb.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi, You need to provide some info for people to help you.

Is it an SD or SDHC card? What size?
Is it a genuine quality card bought from a brick and mortar shop or something you found on ebay cheaply and therefore likely a counterfeit?

What firmware is installed on your K10d?

Edit:
Adam, you beat me!