Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #1

Metz 58-AF TILT Problem

I have a Metz 58-AF with the latest firmware upgrade attached to a Pentax K-5 also with the latest firmware upgrade.

I noticed today that the flash display shows "TILT" regardless of the tilt angle. When the flash head is moved through the full tilt angle range, it remains displaying "TILT". Even when the head is pointing straight up.

When I rotate the flash head, the display changes to "SZOOM". When the flash head is rotated back to forward facing, it again displays "TILT".

My understanding is that "TILT" should only display when the head is tilted downward for example when taking a close-up macro.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by cabat10; 07-05-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
07-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Do you have the manual? If not, do a reset.
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
The manual justs states that "TILT" is displayed when the flash head is tilted -7 degrees for macro. This is the only occasion it should display.

I have done a reset with no change.

I found a post where a users had problems with flash being stuck in a particular setting. In their cases, it turned out to be broken wires inside the unit.

I have emailed our Metz service rep here in Oz and will wait for a reply.