Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #1

P50 and 30 issues.

Hello,

I am having completely different issues with both cameras.

With the P50, when I go and take an image, The lever would not rewind the film. I think it might be the shutter?, because when we first got the camera (An old lady was wanting to sell some cameras that her husband had left her with), the shutter was out of place or something. The inside of the camera looked terrible to. I was wondering what might have caused it.

Secondly, The P30. I am unsure if this is a common problem, but It does not seem to take pictures. I loaded a film in, to test it since we got it recently, and for some reason It would only take an image every 3rd or second image. So if I took an image and flicked the lever to wind to take another image, the button will not go down. At first i thought it might just not have taken, But every time I moved the lever, It would move to the next image. So out of the 24 images I could have got, I maybe got at least 6 images or more. This would be the same or different depending on what setting the numbers would be at. This is bugging me, cause I was going to be a replacement for the P50.

Any help will do please.

Attached Images

07-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a post I made a few years ago about the problem you're having with your P30, with some photos:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/83440-p30t-kee...tml#post865348

If my camera sits for a while, it'll have that problem. I can get it to work again with some exercise and it's OK for a roll of film. So far I haven't had the problem with film loaded. I have read about using naptha as a cleaner/lubricant but haven't tried it.
07-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
It maybe time to get a wee service on these machines, to get them back to full working order.