Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think you might have Shadow/Highlight/Vignetting/CA correction turned on. This increases processing time significantly.
You can change these via the Info button I think.

07-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SkipperRi Quote
At the end, is it possible shoot picture like this with K-7? I know how to do it with Sony NEX, but with my new Pentax...
It seems to me that if you know how to do it with the NEX there is no reason you'd have a problem with the K-7, so now I am intrigued over how you would do that with the NEX
07-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
I think you might have Shadow/Highlight/Vignetting/CA correction turned on. This increases processing time significantly.
You can change these via the Info button I think.
Ok, I'll try.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
It seems to me that if you know how to do it with the NEX there is no reason you'd have a problem with the K-7, so now I am intrigued over how you would do that with the NEX
On Nex this is very simple, just choose Shutter Priority. On Pentax I try this morning with Tv mode, settings 5 seconds, F8 or F5.6, ISO 100, with tripod but pictures are totaly white. Bottom line is that I must learn how Pentax K-7 working. Any help is appreciate.
07-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
Veteran Member

You can do this simply: set the camera to Av and lowest ISO possible (I think thats 100 for the K7?). Then adjust the aperture (front or back dial) until you get your desired shuttertime. You can finetune with the EV compensation.
Or set the camera to M (again with lowest ISO) and adjust aperture and shuttertime. In the viewfinder and top LCD you will see the EVcompensation (the plus and minus scale) act as a indicator for correct exposure. The more stripes to the left, the more underexposed the picture will be. More stripes to the right, the more overexposed. 0 (zero) is neutral (thats not the same as correct)

07-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
You can do this simply: set the camera to Av and lowest ISO possible (I think thats 100 for the K7?). Then adjust the aperture (front or back dial) until you get your desired shuttertime. You can finetune with the EV compensation.
Or set the camera to M (again with lowest ISO) and adjust aperture and shuttertime. In the viewfinder and top LCD you will see the EVcompensation (the plus and minus scale) act as a indicator for correct exposure. The more stripes to the left, the more underexposed the picture will be. More stripes to the right, the more overexposed. 0 (zero) is neutral (thats not the same as correct)
Thank you very much, I'll try this. Is it possible shoot in P mode something like that?
07-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Not sure, I (have) never use(d) P
07-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok, thanks...
07-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Get it on Matrix metering and A mode. ISO 100, and f/11. If you still don't get a slow shutter speed it's time for ND filters. If you could post the EXIF of the NEX photo that would help a lot

07-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Get it on Matrix metering and A mode. ISO 100, and f/11. If you still don't get a slow shutter speed it's time for ND filters. If you could post the EXIF of the NEX photo that would help a lot
Ok, my friend, here is the picture taken with NEX5.
07-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #25
Pentaxian

On Nex this is very simple, just choose Shutter Priority. On Pentax I try this morning with Tv mode, settings 5 seconds, F8 or F5.6, ISO 100, with tripod but pictures are totaly white. Bottom line is that I must learn how Pentax K-7 working. Any help is appreciate.
Thank you very much, I'll try this. Is it possible shoot in P mode something like that?
Looking at the water splash, that is not a 5 second exposure. In Tv mode your K-7 won't limit you on exposure duration (I think) but you can do it in P mode just scrolling the thumb wheel for Hyper program (I think you might need to enable it in the menu, it should be set as default).
07-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Looking at the water splash, that is not a 5 second exposure. In Tv mode your K-7 won't limit you on exposure duration (I think) but you can do it in P mode just scrolling the thumb wheel for Hyper program (I think you might need to enable it in the menu, it should be set as default).
Pablo, thank you for the advice. Tomorow morning it's next episode
07-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Ok, my friend, here is the picture taken with NEX5.
Ok, if you go there and take a picture with the K-7 and the same settings, it should be identical. So if it's not, your K-7 is somehow not working properly.
07-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Not to be a smart &$$ but I have all my camera manuals on my ipod.
Personally, I think that is simply - smart. At least for post-internet bodies, Pentax has all the manuals online in pdf form. I too have the electronic copies on my mobile devices and PCs (I have a Dropbox account, so they automatically show up on each of these devices). I rarely touch the paper copies even when they are an arm's length away for one big reason - you can search a pdf to find all related topics instead of paper flipping.
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Personally, I think that is simply - smart. At least for post-internet bodies, Pentax has all the manuals online in pdf form. I too have the electronic copies on my mobile devices and PCs (I have a Dropbox account, so they automatically show up on each of these devices). I rarely touch the paper copies even when they are an arm's length away for one big reason - you can search a pdf to find all related topics instead of paper flipping.
I actually have almost all my gear in PDF format on my iPod and iPad. Pentax canada has really good scanned copies of the paper manuals etc. where I am a little limited is some legacy 3rd party stuff. I don't even know where to look for a manual for my Tmount 105/2.8 Vernon Edonar (I know it is a house brand for an old camera store, but that's it)

I also have some useful spread sheets like manual flash calculators, macro extension tube calculators etc, just for the hell of it
07-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
First of all, I wish thank all of you for help and great advices. Me and my Pentax getting better and better every hour. Yes, learning, practice, learning, practice, that's best way.
is one picture taken with Pentax.

Thanks one more time, and best regards!