Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter

"Big Value Inc."

I've been looking for a new or nearly new Sigma 1.4 APO EX DG Teleconvertor for a Pentax K5ll since Sigma recently discontinued production of the 1.4 convertor. B & H and Adorama don't have them and over the 4th Ryther Camera had a sale and listed the convertor but didn't actually have one and now I see one advertised as new in box from "Big Value Inc" on EBay..... I've never heard of them and hate to plunk down the money without knowing a little more about them. Has anyone on the list ever done business with them?

Thanks in advance, Bob

07-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They seem legit. My guess is they help liquidate old stock.
07-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That could be.... guess I'll give them a call and see what I can learn. Since there is no word from Pentax that they'll be releasing a new Teleconverter anytime soon then this is my only option. If Big Value has a number of these I'll let the list know...

Bob
07-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Has anyone on the list ever done business with them?

Thanks in advance, Bob
Yes, I bought my K-01 body from them. My dealing was via Rakuten (which used to be Buy.com). Big Value Inc is a member of their marketplace. Often Rakuten has 10, 15 and sometimes 20% back promotions. I used one of these to get a really good deal on the K-01. The camera came quickly and was brand new. The financial transaction was with the Rakuten system. You get about a month or 2 to spend your cash back credit on another Rakuten affiliated purchase (Adorama is also a Rakuten marketplace member). They are legit and I'd deal with them again.
Ted

07-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Forum Member

I recommend not using them.
I bought a Sigma 105 Macro EX DG advertised as New in box with a case on Ebay from Bigvalue Inc. When it came the lens was in a plain white box without the case and warranty papers. Purchase date was 6-25-13.
I contacted them the day I received the lens and was told they are not a Sigma dealer and that I have their warranty.
Every reply I send is answered by someone different.
The case is in Ebays hands for a resolution.

Ebay ruled in my favor. Do not use BigValue Inc.

Last edited by jb0501; 08-14-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Add more info.