Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #1

Pentax Me Super Help

Hi all
I have a pentax me super that came with some bits and im quite new to these type of cameras and would like if anyone has the time to find out what lenses I have and what to use each one for?
would they be easy to identify if I were to post some pics with a little description?
Sorry if this sounds lazy, i have tried typing the codes of each of the lenses into google to find out but its a minefield with all the branded and non branded matches coming up and im really not sure.

Also a second question - i took some pictures, got them developed with some having developed well and others suffering very much from low lighting issues.
But after taking 36 pictures..only 28 came out.
After looking at the negatives i can see some were completely blank. Its probably something i have done but what could have caused this?

Regards

07-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sure, post pics of your lenses, or search by focal length here:
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database

Those two databases combined contain all Pentax lenses ever made, as well as hundreds of third-party lenses, so chances are that all of your lenses are listed here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Crack my back! Quote
After looking at the negatives i can see some were completely blank. Its probably something i have done but what could have caused this?
Sounds like underexposure- you should have used a longer shutter speed for those shots.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for reply i will check those links and see how well i get on
In the mean time here are the pics i talked of -
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HTC Desire HD A9191  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
07-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for reply i will check those links and see how well i get on
In the mean time here are the pics i talked of -
Here are the lenses:
Then you have the filters:
Here are the google search results...

Last edited by interested_observer; 07-14-2013 at 01:22 PM.
07-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Also a second question - i took some pictures, got them developed with some having developed well and others suffering very much from low lighting issues.
There are a number of possible things that might result in underexposure with your camera. A short list would include:
  • Shooting in A mode where the viewfinder indicator indicates "under"
  • Shooting in M mode and not matching the recommended shutter speed
  • Exposure compensation set to intentionally underexpose
  • Meter fooled by uneven brightness in frame
  • Processing issue with machine prints where a bright scene (beach or snow) is printed dark due to overall brightness of the scene
Beyond those, I can't think of any obvious camera fault that would create intermittent underexposure. Fully electronic cameras like your ME Super tend to work as expected or not work at all.

In case you haven't already found a copy, you can download the user guide for free (donations accepted) from:

Pentax ME Super instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

Steve
07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Beyond those, I can't think of any obvious camera fault that would create intermittent underexposure. Fully electronic cameras like your ME Super tend to work as expected or not work at all.
I can.
Older ME Supers are famous (infamous) for oxidized/dirty contacts under the ISO/EV wheel.
If this has happened and the camera suggests crazy sounding exposure values, turning ISO and EV several times may cure the problem for a short while.

Back in the eighties I experienced this several times after shooting at beaches with very fine (dust-like) sand.
07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
I can.
Older ME Supers are famous (infamous) for oxidized/dirty contacts under the ISO/EV wheel.
If this has happened and the camera suggests crazy sounding exposure values, turning ISO and EV several times may cure the problem for a short while.

Back in the eighties I experienced this several times after shooting at beaches with very fine (dust-like) sand.
Yep, that would do it. I was generally aware of that problem but had forgotten about it.

Steve

07-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #8

Original Poster
sorry ive been away
Thanks guys for the in depth insight!
I will check out the things suggested and get back to you.
Thanks again