Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Husky Quote
@Jatrax :

- Thanks for the French manual, ima take a look at it ^_^ can't wait to do some testing tomorrow.

@Edvinas n' MarkJerling :

- No my camera lens was open, there was no cap that's why I don't get it >_< im taking picture outside, in a sunny day condition, about 10 pictures than I getting a black screen with red letters and I can't change the number in any mode. =/
OK. If that's the case, you've got a malfunctioning camera I'd say! Firmware version?

07-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #17

Original Poster
@MarkJerling :

- How can I know/find my actual Firmware version ? I just looked up in "Menu" in all tabs I didn't find any place about my firmware version =/
07-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
@MarkJerling :

- How can I know/find my actual Firmware version ? I just looked up in "Menu" in all tabs I didn't find any place about my firmware version =/
press the "menu" button while you turn on the camera, then you'll see a screen that shows the firmware version
07-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
@MarkJerling :

The latest firmware for the K5IIs is V1.04, if your is not this version just download & upgrade it. Make sure you read the instruction carefully before you do the upgrade. I did mine when i first got my k5II. Good luck
Latest K-5II/K-5IIs Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

07-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #20
Site Supporter

@MarkJerling :

1.Turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
2.The firmware version number will appear in the centre of the LCD screen.

If you're not on Firmware version 1.04 I would recommend downloading the update from pentax.com. Follow the instructions on the pentax.com site to install the firmware update, if required.

To Reset custom functions, go to Set-Up Menu 3, scroll down to Reset and press four-way controller right arrow. The Reset screen will appear. Press the up arrow and then OK. reset will be carried out.
The camera can overheat if used extensively in Live View mode. I suggest you avoid Live View unless necessary.

Good luck!
07-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #21

You big problem starts with the fact that you have a black LCD screen when in Live View mode. That means:

1. Your mirror may not be moving up when you go into LV/movie mode. When you push the LV button do you hear the mirror going up. Do you hear anything? If not that's why you have a black lcd screen.
2. Your lens may not be opening or not seated correctly thus blocking all light. What lens are you using? Remove your lens and confirm the shutter blades open/close properly.Put your lens back on the camera and try again. See if you get a picture on lcd when you go into LV mode.
3. Try using a different lens
4. Firmware version doesn't have anything to do with your problem of your blocked light path in LV so don't worry about that right now.
5. Tell us if you can take a picture successfully when not in LV mode.
6. Take that video light off for now and move your AF SEL to the to single point/top position for testing. This should not solve your blocked light path problem but do it anyways.
7. Your blinking red lights are a result of having (in your case) a blocked light path.
8. I assume you have a black screen in movie mode also...right?

Let us know how you make out. If there is a problem with your mirror not moving you will need service. Did LV/movie mode ever work since you got your camera?

Last edited by jcp5; 07-15-2013 at 06:01 AM.
07-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Flame Angel Quote
The latest firmware for the K5IIs is V1.04, if your is not this version just download & upgrade it. Make sure you read the instruction carefully before you do the upgrade. I did mine when i first got my k5II. Good luck
Latest K-5II/K-5IIs Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
Aussi:

Mises à jour du firmware (pour appareils reflex numériques):

PENTAX RICOH IMAGING CANADA INC. | Mises à jour de logiciel Pentax

Procédure de mise jour:

http://pentaxcanada.ca/fr/support/digital/k-5II_s.php
07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #23

Original Poster
@thinkeyebrow :

- Thanks ! It worked im on 1.0 im gonna have to update it =)

@Flame Angel :

- Thank you so much for giving out the link ima do this after my job =) ^^

@MarkJerling :

- Yup ! It worked thanks, im under version 1.0 im gonna have to update it

@jcp5 :

- Thanks for your suggestion, I tried out also what Jatrax recommand me to do and it worked fine ! I took some pictures, without any problems and/or overheating the problem was exactly because I was using [L]ive [V]iew too much.

@Pete-Tarmigan :

- Merci pour les liens Pete =) C'est très gentil

@All :

- So yeah ! My problem is fixed, im gonna use "Viewfinder" instead of "LV" thank you for your patience and your help ! It's really appreciated

Here's some pictures I took today :

07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Here's some pictures I took today :
Some nice sharp shots. Glad you have a working camera! Make sure movie mode works, as suggested by jcp5 above.
07-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #25

Hi Husky,
Nice photos, It's good to hear that the camera works now! Most of the time,the monitor is good at checking shot you've just taken. DSLR is heavy, if using LV all the time for shooting, it's difficult to keep the camera steady. It drains the battery quickly as well. train yourself to use viewfinder as your shooting style, soon enough you'll find the advantage of shooting with viewfinder. And remember to upgrade the firmware version, it'll fix the bug issue as well.
07-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Good to hear it is working!
07-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Obtenez le meilleur du pentax k-5 par Jean-Marie Sepulchre

Obtenez le meilleur du pentax k-5 par Jean-Marie Sepulchre

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_CA=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&...+du+pentax+k-5

Formats
Kindle Edition -- CDN $21.99 --
Paperback CDN $28.31

Paperback: 192 pages
Éditeur: DUNOD (9 février 2011)
Langue: French
ISBN-10: 2100557068
ISBN-13: 978-2100557066
Dimensions du produit: 20,8 x 13,4 x 1,2 cm
Poids d'expédition : 322 g
07-16-2013, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter

This is fast becoming political. I think most forum members will agree that we're happy that you've solved your problem. I wish I could speak French, but sadly I cannot.

Last edited by Tom S.; 07-19-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Offensive political quote removed