Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Optio S45 battery depletion??

Hi all,
Can someone help with a battery problem? I have a friend visiting & her camera keeps crapping out. Keeps shutting down with a "battery depleted" notice. They are new batteries, & fully charged (we tested them). They're only good for a couple dozen pix, if that. We tried taking them out & putting them back in; got a couple more pix & same thing happened. We googled: part of the problem is apparently that the camera doesn't like alkaline batteries & she should get rechargeable NiMH's. But we saw comments somewhere that there was some sort of other "fix" for this problem... we just can't find it. We're both kinda sleep deprived & want to fix the problem before the holiday's over. Not sure if we can get the proper kind here & wonder if there's anything else we can do.
...????
Thanks for any help!

07-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #2

Try those Lithium batteries (here in Germany they are available from the brand Energizer). I got to know that older cameras get problems with the battery voltage dropping below a threshold. For instance my old Ricoh RR30 didn't want to operate for more that a few pictures even with Eneloops - then I bought these Lithium batteries and it worked perfectly again. Try it out!
07-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks... holiday's over but I will pass on the suggestion.