Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Q Focus assist

Hi,

Focus assist work when manual focusing on the kit 02 lens, but when I install any K mount with the Fotodiox adapter, it does not magnify the image while focusing.
Anybody having the same issue?

Thanks

07-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think you may need to have the genuine adapter, but I'm not 100% sure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dltorre Quote
Hi,

Focus assist work when manual focusing on the kit 02 lens, but when I install any K mount with the Fotodiox adapter, it does not magnify the image while focusing.
Anybody having the same issue?

Thanks
Check page 93 of the Q Manual. I had this happened and it drove crazy til I figured it out.
07-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Check page 93 of the Q Manual. I had this happened and it drove crazy til I figured it out.
I didn't know it kicked in when turning the focus ring - I'll have to see if it works. But, I am used to just hitting the 'OK' button.

07-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I didn't know it kicked in when turning the focus ring - I'll have to see if it works. But, I am used to just hitting the 'OK' button.
The OK button is the answer!!!!!
Thanks a lot!
07-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dltorre Quote
The OK button is the answer!!!!!
Thanks a lot!
Also, you can turn the magnification off with a half press of the shutter button.