Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
You are quite mistaken. I decouple AF from the shutter button. I set my f-stop and then attempt to AF on an area of the subject that falls within the focal plane using center point focus but has high contrast. Sometimes the two coincide. Once I get focus lock i then recompose and press the shutter button. Some may say it is not the most efficient way of going about things but it works for me. It is something I started to with my K100DS and my manual A50 f/2. At the advise from many here at this forum I was told that using a manual lens will greatly help a first time dSLR owner like myself at the time. It will force you to understand DOF, lens markers and how you can find "Acceptable Sharpness" within the give DOF. After figuring that out I stopped worrying so much about AF performance in low light.

Nice !!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, bit, camera, k-5, light, pentax help, pentax k-5, photography