Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
Tokina at-x 90mm f2.5 Macro dissasembly

Hello fellow pentaxians, this is my first post, although i've been a pentaxian for a few years now. I recently got my hands on a Tokina at-x 90mm f2.5 pk/a. Unfortunately the lens was disassembled and then put together wrongfully, and now the barrel doesn't rotate completely, but its stuck between infinity and 0.6m and the barrel doesn't collapse completely to the (infinite position). I've looked all over the web for pictures or directions on how to open this lens but been unsuccessful. If anyone has any pictures or info on this particular lens internal workings please let me know.
-Regards

07-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Banned

Original Poster
I'm trying to breathe some new life in this lens, any information/illustration is appreciated

Last edited by Mirton; 07-27-2013 at 03:29 PM.
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Well, I only opened a Tokina 28/2.8 once (without automatic aperture). This was quite easy, as after removing the bayonet you could screw out the lens element. However, I don't know if the macro is similar and I am not sure what to do regarding the focusing issue.
07-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
Thanks Jim for the info. The At-X 90mm is considerably larger lens, what happened is that someone disassembled and assembled incorrectly the parts, therefore i have no reference on how originally the parts where supposed to be. Its not just where things go, that is easy to understand, its more about the rotating parts like the focus throw, which can impair the correct focusing which is the case with this particular lens.