Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had two K10Ds as well, but sold my backup body because I never needed it. My K10D has been my daily workhorse for six years and is still going strong.

QuoteOriginally posted by clockwork247 Quote
it's because of the CCD sensor, in fact it probably has the pop at ISO 200 too, but it's only good until about ISO 400.

I have the same sensor in my sony A330, and I think a few nikon has it too, they were all made by sony.
Yes, that CCD sensor is the main reason I haven't upgraded bodies. ISO 200 works well, but I typically never go above 250. Take a look at any photo with blue skies taken by the newer cameras and one by the K10D. There will be no noise in the sky with the K10D.

The Nikon D80 had the same sensor as well.

07-26-2013, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Allam Quote
Hi to everybody! I am frustrated by the last results of my my pentax P30 especially when mounted zooming or macro lens.Now, i am projecting to acquire a new pentax digital camera.So, what do you think about the two machines proposed to get the best of photography? Thanks
Like others have said, I'd recommend getting a current-gen camera, as the price difference is minimal (fortunately). I'd recommend looking at the K-30.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
I had two K10Ds as well, but sold my backup body because I never needed it. My K10D has been my daily workhorse for six years and is still going strong.

Yes, that CCD sensor is the main reason I haven't upgraded bodies. ISO 200 works well, but I typically never go above 250. Take a look at any photo with blue skies taken by the newer cameras and one by the K10D. There will be no noise in the sky with the K10D.

The Nikon D80 had the same sensor as well.
This is why i also kept my A330, I won't get much for it on the open market, and compare to my A37 (16MP CMOS sensor), it does create better images at ISO 100-200.