Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #1

body maintenance

Hello;
Occasionally I'll see a mention that a camera body has gone in for a "tune-up". Can someone tell me what that consists of?
Thanks!

07-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What kind of camera we are talking about!?
Digital... film!?
07-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In some countries or under some warranty conditions, you can send your camera in to the manufacturer one time and they will do a full check-up and make sure its "good as new."
If you dont have that kind of warranty, you probably dont want to send it in unless you suspect something might be wrong, because they will charge you for it.
Generally, with proper use, nothing should go wrong. The only things you should check from time to time is how clean the mount and sensor are, and if all the buttons still work. And the battery, if its still working properly or if its time to get a new one.
07-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ahighroad Quote
Hello;
Occasionally I'll see a mention that a camera body has gone in for a "tune-up". Can someone tell me what that consists of?
Thanks!
I never get mine tune up. Most of the cameras i own are lower end, costing about 200-300 per body, they do the tune up with the shipping costs I might be looking at 100+, no reason for me to do so.

But over the years I've learned to

1) Clean the sensor
2) nothing else lol

actually I tried to clean the view finder with decent result, that's one of the hardest thing I've tried (the camera isn't meant to have it's view finder pop open, it's the lower end model).