Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Super Program metering issue.

My return to film has hit a snag. My only recent experience of film with ancient film of unknown provenance worked reasonably well.

Last Saturday, whilst shopping at yardsales, I noticed a package of Ilford paper and on further inquiry, I managed to purchase thirteen rolls of 200 Kodak Gold straight from the freezer. Six rolls were sealed in an original brick and it is time to check meter calibration.

Yesterday I ran one of them through the MX and all seemed well. The lab's machine was down, though, so I don't have positive evidence of success. Today I ran a roll through the ZX-L and I must say the meter seems to be working both on manual and on various of the automatic settings.

The body selected for tomorrow's roll has an obvious problem. The Super Program reports that the selected shutter speed is 1/1000 no matter what. I exercised the ASA setting ring, the Exposure compensation ring, and the main setting dial. I changed the batteries for fresh ones. The backlight works. I cleaned the contacts on the mount and tried another lens.

Is there something basic that I am forgetting?

07-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did you try the search option?
There are a lot of threads referring to 'super program metering'.
07-30-2013, 09:33 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
selected shutter speed is 1/1000 no matter what
Wind on several times. The 1/1000s is used for film loading. The manual is available free from the Butkus site...

Pentax Program Plus instruction manual, user manual, free PFD camera manuals

Steve
07-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Wind on several times. The 1/1000s is used for film loading.
You are correct. Thank you very much.

07-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
You are correct. Thank you very much.
Glad to have rendered assistance. I think this has happened to every Program Plus user.

Steve