Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #1

K-5 mirror

Hi there,

Recently my Pentax k-5 began having some troubles. I bought it exactly a year ago and lately the mirror happens to get stuck. How it happens is that I take a picture and everything freezes, I am unable to do anything , I have to take off the battery and then the mirror closes. As well, sometimes I hit the shutter and the it doesn't save the picture, instead the screen is green, the way I have to solve this is to take out the memory card and put it back in. This has happened with different memory cards

There hasn't been any significant hit to the camera or anything similar .

Thanks for the help.

07-30-2013, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is not common but it does happen. I have had the same issue with my k-5 for several months now. Early on I discovered that 'bumping' the bottom of the camera against the heel of my hand seems to work to clear the jam as well as anything else. Turning off and on also works some of the time.

Per others that have had the issue it just gets worse over time. I can attest to that, as at first it happened only rarely and was not much of an issue, but lately it has been happening more and more. I sent mine in for service yesterday. If you are still under warranty I would suggest sending it in before warranty expiration.