Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-x lcd is dead. Help me navigate.

Hi everyone. My k-x lcd is dead and I'm out of cash for a repair or a new camera. I have been using it almost like a film camera for the past few weeks. It has been a frustrating experience but still quite doable.

I still have trouble adjusting settings that are deep into the menu as I'm navigating blindly. I have pulled out my k-x manual and tried mapping out the menu. I have performed countless attempts at some of these settings to no avail.

I was wondering if someone can give me directions to change these settings (ex. 4 clicks using the right d-pad, 3 clicks down) or even a 10 sec video going through the menus would be helpful. I have searched the internet for videos of someone going through all the menus with no luck. I've searched reviews, unboxings, overviews, etc. Text descriptions of these settings would be fine as well.

Settings needed to change.

1. Dust Removal.
2. Expanded Iso Sensitivity.
3. Using low Iso in manual mode. I think this is related to the expanded sensitivity in #2 though.
4. Adjust date and time (not important though)

Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

07-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Plug it into a TV using the video out. Hopefully this will let you navigate the menu.
07-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

1. Menu -> 8 right presses -> 3 down presses -> ok -> ok
2. Menu -> 9 right presses -> 3 down presses -> down -> ok
3. Well if you #2, ISO, scroll left...
4. Good luck.
(Menu -> 5 right presses -> 2 down presses -> ok -> 1 down press -> ok -> Up/down for month, then right to go to date, repeat.)
07-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you JinDesu. you're a lifesaver!!!

Would I need a special cable for the video out capability?

07-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Both my K10d and K7 came with a cable for the TV in the box. It's a usb to yellow RCA plug.