Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentax USA support question

Anyone here recently been in touch with Pentax USA support?

I sent them a request for troubleshooting/help and got a prompt response the next day by someone named Randall. They provided a basic set of troubleshooting tips and said if that doesn't solve it, send my camera to them.

Ok but I had a few more questions and responded back to his email.. to which he has not responded in close to 3 weeks! I've even sent him a couple 'anyone home' messages touching base to see if he had any news or response to my questions.. but nothing. (no not in my spam/trash folder)

Not sure I want to send my camera into them if they aren't willing/able to respond to a simple email within 3 weeks time.. wondering if anyone has had a same or better result recently?

07-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I think I've talked to Randall, and he was the only helpful person in the place (Hoya era). But don't talk to them about camera problems anyway -- they are useless. Talk to CRIS repair people...
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Do a search here for "Randall". You'll find quite a few comments regarding his lack of help and lack of knowledge. I hoped the Ricoh takeover would get the guy better training, or a reassignment to a lower profile position, or fire the guy if he can't be turned around. I've had 3 interactions with him and he failed to help all 3 times. I had to figure things out on my own with help from PF.

I don't remember seeing any mention of any other name from Pentax support; it's always Randall. Either Pentax only has one person to handle all support or it might be a pseudonym that multiple employees share to protect their identities.

Edit: I see vonBaloney's experience differs from mine. Contacting CRIS is solid advice because Pentax subcontracts all the real work to them, anyway.
08-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter

LOL. Randall.

08-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Contacting CRIS is solid advice because Pentax subcontracts all the real work to them, anyway.
I think "Randall" is a contracted out person also (IOW, Pentax "support" is a contract service center in some flat warehouse near Omaha. Next call is for a coffeemaker.).
08-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Too funny.

Today (just a few minutes ago), I just got back an email from Randall S.
I filled out the online help request form where I put my information down.

Somehow the response came for "Mr. XXXXX" which is my husband.
I guess somewhere they have my email now linked with my husband?
Maybe the address?
Phone #?

Randall S.

LOL
08-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I turned into an internet stalker. I think I know where Randall lives. I will *not* be posting his address or contacting him.
08-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I could be wrong about the name, it was several years ago. I actually have a letter from "Randall" or whoever around here somewhere -- he had a last name too. He was in the local Denver (Golden at the time) office, but after I didn't get what I want I eventually talked to a head honcho type guy here and did get what I want. This was when they still had a repair contractor in Westminster, CO as well. I think I had the very last Pentax camera serviced there before it became 100% CRIS...

08-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, guys, I'll try this CRIS thing.. is this the correct website? https://www.criscam.com
08-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #10

I spoke to someone last week at Pentax, great help in the problem I had.

P
08-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by P Shooter Quote
I spoke to someone last week at Pentax, great help in the problem I had.

P
That is great! How does this help the issue at hand?
08-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #12

Did you call on the Phone! That's the best way to talk to them. I never bother with e-mails, nothing better that talking to a human person.

P
08-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #13
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Thanks, guys, I'll try this CRIS thing.. is this the correct website? https://www.criscam.com
Is this the right site?
08-04-2013, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yes it is.