Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #1

K5 IIs Battery charger Issue

G'day G'day Folks,

Recently, my friend bought me a K5 IIs from Japan. and I'm gonna to use it in China. But here comes the problem, i have to consider about the voltage issue. as Japan is using 110v, and China is using 220v. The Camera bought from Japan, so, i think the default voltage must be 110v(the specification is written in Japanese, i know nothing about japanese).

Dose anyone know if i can use it directly in China, or i need to buy a new battery charger with 220v

thanks in advance

08-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The ac adapter spec should be 100-240v if it's the D-BC90.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #3

Yup, I've charged my camera in China many times, and mine's from Canada. Works fine. You won't have any problems, other than the differently shaped plug - find a converter. (I think - I've never been to Japan).
08-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks npridgeon & Adam for your replies. just like what you said, it's 100v-240v, i received the camera last night.

08-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thankfully most mobile gear rechargers are now designed for worldwide use. Still it is always smart to verify that your recharger will work on 100-240vac at 50 or 60Hz before tossing it into your luggage.

To deal with the difference in blade design, I typically attach a blade adapter to a short extension cord with multiple home-country outlets. At my destination I plug in my extension cord and have several outlets suitable for the blade design on my worldwide devices. It also solves the typical problem that hotel rooms don't have multiple free outlets. Do note that I am plugging in several devices with small current requirements, not high current devices like hair curlers or clothes irons.